Customer service emails are frequently misunderstood, misconstrued, or simply miss the mark. Here's a simple checklist you can use to review your own emails before sending. You won't use this for every email, but try using it with a few until you get the hang of it.
- Tone: Does the tone of the email sound friendly?
- Readability: Does the email include appropriate grammar, punctuation, and spelling?
- Action-oriented: Did you state the purpose of the email in the first paragraph?
- Helpfulness: Does it provide additional information the recipient is likely to need?
- Image: Is the email professionally written?