Succeeding as a Supervisor
According to a report from HR.com and I4CP, 47% of new supervisors receive no formal supervisory training. Their functional skills, attitude, or aptitude may have landed them the supervisor position, but now they need to develop new skills and abilities to succeed.
This workshop introduces participants to the foundational concepts required to effectively lead other people. The training makes extensive use of hands-on activities and group discussion to help participants fully understand the concepts presented.
The topics can be customized to your supervisors' specific needs. Here are some typical examples:
- Understanding your leadership style
- Transitioning from peer to supervisor
- Organizing work and managing priorities
- Effective delegation
- Holding employees accountable
Here are just a few comments from participants who attended the workshop:
- “Good combination of media, interaction, and group participation.”
- “Excellent, went very quickly, lots of takeaways!
- “All tools presented were great and can be used.”
- The engaging activities were excellent! This really reinforced the concept being illustrated.”
- “The content was awesome and incredibly valuable!”
- New or first-time supervisors
- Leaders who manage new or first-time supervisors
- Any leader who wants to “get back to the basics”
Several convenient formats are available (or let us customize a format for you):
- Two ½ day sessions
- Full day session
- Half-day “overview” session
Schedule a Class
Contact Jeff Toister to receive a quote or to schedule your workshop.